CH.14 (The Employer Arc) Main Thread: Act 2, Recursion

Used for developmental stories and feuds.
Admin
Site Admin

Help Arrives.....

Uncheck the mute button to hear the music.

The blast of energy IGNITED from a source right between Mortismere and the shield protecting Spade!!!!! Mortismere's body flung into the air-- what fell were his upper and lower torsos blasted in half-- his left arm disintegrated. When the dust cleared, Mortis looked up from the ground, reaching with his right hand at the source and swore bloody murder at it.

Image The Arch Angel of Death!!!

The patriarch of the Death family stood tall with the Sword of Caine shimmering in his right hand.... On his left was his son, Damien Death, and on his right was Obed Marsh.

Mortismere's eyes fluttered with unholy hatred!! it was that hatred that swiftly pulled his entire body to form together-- Arch Angel raised his head slightly upward and recited an incantation which shot black thorns form the ground in an attempt to impale Mortisemere.... but Mortis swiftly sidestepped from them in succession-- However, at the same time, Obed Marsh raised his staff and shot arcania magic at Mortis-- for which Mortis was unable to dodge many explosive blasts!!! Mortis snarled, and hissed, before turning around and ran back into the dark forest.... Obed was about to make haste after him but the Arch Angel of Death prevented Obed from pursuing Mortismere...

Arch Angel of Death: Forget him, Obed. Our attention lies with my children. Hurry!!

Obed Marsh nods and goes to check on Spade, who was laying unconscious, but very much a live on the ground... but then sees Serin next to him, not moving, and his skin was pale... Obed's eyes widen-- then he checks on Serin... barely a pulse....

Obed Marsh: M'Lord!!! IT'S SERIN... HE'S DYING.....

At that time, Eddie was up!!! he was fuming at the nose... HE GRABS THE SACRIFICIAL KNIFE AND PLUNGES IT DEEPER INTO SERIN'S HEART... THE INFECTION WITHIN SERIN'S BLOOD AND THE KNIFE MET... AND WITH IT... AN UNHOLY POWER EMITTED FROM WITHIN.... OBED WAS THROWN OFF OF SERIN AS A TIDAL WAVE OF THAT ENERGY SURGED... AND WITH IT... EDDIE RECITED THE DEATH FAMILY VERSE....

"Now that you know your way in this madness.... Your powers are gone, your chains have been broken.... You've suffered so long, you will never change......"

Arch Angel of Death raises his sword into the air,

but, then, Mortismere appears from behind and detonates a blast of Unholy Darkness causing a gaping hole... The Arch Angel fell to his knees right in-front of the child Damien... Mortismere laughs!!!!! but then realizes that Eddie is conducting the ceremony and NOT HIM!!!!

MM: NOOOOO NOOOOO STOPPPPPPP EDDIEEEEEE HE IS MINEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Eddie is holding the knife into Serin's heart and grins as he says more....

"When the shadows remain in the light of day On the wings of darkness he'll retaliate He'll be falling from grace till th......."

::Spade is overhead with a broken torso of the goddess statue::
".... no YOUR END OF DAYS, EDDIEE!!!!"

::Eddie looked up to then barely see the statue come clocking him over the head sending him soaring off of Serin::
word count: 533
Admin
Site Admin

The Wicked Act

At that time, The Arch Angel of Death picks up his sword and impales it into Mortismere's frame and pulls the sword out followed by a energy push which sent the demon soaring and smashing into an ancient pillar....

Spade pursues Eddie, but this time, he grabs up the sacrificial knife which is saturated with Serin's blood and readies to strike him down where he crawled.... but Obed March comes around and holds Spade at bay- it was difficult containing the rage for revenge!

Spade: "I WILL KILL YOU!!!!!!!"

Eddie is dazed and wobbles while slowly rising to his feet... Eddie finally musters enough nerve and looks up at Spade to only spit blood his way.... this made Spade's anger only escalate but before anything else could happen, The Arch Angel teleports everyone out of the garden, leaving Mortismere....

Some days later at the Death Family Estate.

Spade awakens suddenly from his sick bed... wrapped in bandages around his chest.... the nursemaid is shocked and runs out of the room to seek help.... Spade rubbed his head but then SCREEEEAMMMED for quite a long time until Death's Wind, Spade's mother, comes into the room.... she attended her son, then, entered Arch Angel of Death..... he just starred at his kid and wife at the bed..... Obed Marsh also appeared at the doorway.

Obed Marsh: What will you do, M'Lord? Are you going to tell him that his brother is dead?

The Arch Angel sighed
Arch Angel of Death: "...... No. This is deeper than that. Much deeper. I have tried to keep the knowledge of their powers- and their very lives to the outside world- a secret, to protect them from themselves and to others. But now that Eddie and Mortismere unlocked their dormant powers- it is just a matter of time that my sons will attract others in pursuit of their gifts. It is also troubling to know that Spade has the power of balance-- something I would never expect. Eddie was a disease to this family, a physical and emotional one, as that poison coursing through Serin's veins-- so did that poison spread through this family.

Obed Marsh: Was the fruit of awakening, that, powerful?

::Arch Angel of Death turns to face Obed Marsh::
Arch Angel of Death: As the word states, awakening. The fruit was not harmful, but the intent on the part of Eddie betraying his family was. There is something deep inside of Eddie which was the actual poison... something.. rather... wicked in nature. THAT is what killed Serin. And that is why we must strip all of them of their memories- Eddie, Spade, and Damien must not remember Serin... their powers.

Obed Marsh: I imagine you have something more in store for Eddie?

Arch Angel of Death: ::with a deep breath:: Memory lost won't hide the blight that exists within his soul... he must be banished as well, for all time.

Red Spyder steps through The Arch Angel and out of the room, down the hall, along with The Dark Sincentius. They then walk down steps to the prison, where, they see Eddie chained to a cross inside of a cell.

Red Spyder: So, that's how Serin died.... I did it through the act of being a wicked asshole.... Heh! Not bad kid. Not bad....

::The Dark Sincentius takes a puff from his cigarette and smiles::

Red Spyder: So. Call that employer.... I will accept the job on one condition....

The Dark Sincentius: Which is?

Red Spyder: That after I protect Angel and my children-- from whatever evil lurks to destroy them-- I cease to exist. [turns around to see Dark Sincentius] I am not saying going back to that place I was at-- I literately desire to cease to exist. Is that something that can be done?

::The Dark Sincentius flicks his cigarette off to the side::

The Dark Sincentius: Heh. You can ask them yourself.....
word count: 669
The Employer

Defining the Problem in of Itself.

The environment around Red Spyder drastically changed, dropping to absolute darkness, along with the smile on The Dark Sincentius disappearing into the darkness as he vanishes....

With pitch black all around Red Spyder- did he feel unease. Then, in the distance, a haunting purple light emerges, showing the outline of a figure draped in a long black robe.

Red Spyder: "So. We meet again."

"Do you accept the job to protect Angel and your children from an evil beyond imagining?"

::Red Spyder smirks::

Red Spyder: "Sure. And do you accept my one condition?"

"..... yes. To cease, no more, once this evil is irradiated."

Red Spyder: "Then, I accept."

::The Employer merely waved its right hand and chains which Red Spyder did not see before, wrapped around his entire body, fall to the floor...... The Employer turns to leave but then Red Spyder continues to talk::

Red Spyder: So. Who are you, really? Are you Serin?

::The Employer stops in its tracks and then turns their head slightly to its left::

"Nice guess. But, no. Serin is long gone. Your first mission is to find and identify 'the problem in terms of itself'... I have gifted you the power of time travel, your physical appearance will be masked, and, you will be known under a new name as Richard Arcane."

Red Spyder: "Where... where have I heard that name before?"

"Anything else you wish to ask me?"

Red Spyder: "I guess it does not matter WHO you are.... just wondering. When will I know I defeated this evil?"

"Just remember to define the problem in terms of itself... once you have, the evil threatening your loved ones will be known, and can be destroyed."

Before Red Spyder could say anything else, instantly, he wakes up in his apartment, drenched in sweat from a long, tiresome nights sleep..... his alarm clock is ringing... he turns it off... gets out of bed... enters into the bathroom and looks into the mirror....

Richard Arcane: Defining the problem in of itself, fuck, whatever that means....
word count: 348