My Personal Guide to performing as a Heel....

This board is used for Guides/Bios/Development which help players know how to act and even how use your characters properly in RPS and matches. NOTE: you cannot use guides to over power your character(s). Some sense of weakness/strengths must be present. The purpose of this guide is to show the mannerism of your character and how far to go etc... when engaging them on the board.
Admin
Site Admin

My Personal Guide to performing as a Heel....

I felt it would be awesome to share my vast! amount of experience playing a heel :D

First thing to know is that in real life, I am nothing like my characters lol. Well maybe the funny ones ~.^ but seriously, it is all an act when I play on an e-fed.

The trick to playing a heel... something I mastered over time and a LOT of patience is to put yourself into the actual character's shoes and imagine performing on live television. That helps with the "flow" iow- if you don't have a flow (which I define as a progression from one scene to the other... and largely from one storyline to the other)... then you end up hitting a brick wall and worrying too much about the details.

Very rarely do I ever write down every single possiblity as an outline... if I ever write an outline is when I work with a much larger storyline with multiple players involved... otherwise, I just go with the "flow".... which is pretty much REACTING to other player's involvement.

Another key ingredient to playing a heel (and mind you we haven't really talked about what it takes to be one) is to establish yourself as a total douchebag- and obtain something that everybody wants or can't ever have-- and flaunt it obsessively. That honestly is pretty straightforward... you can piss someone off easily by flaunting that you are the champion all of the time. But that's really just 1 dimensional thinking- and alone not enough... there has to be more... that is where research comes into play.

Yet another key ingredient to playing a successful heel is to RESEARCH your opponents... find out what makes them tick... what do THEY care about the most and how to either obtain it for yourself or threaten what your opponents hold dear. Nothing else will make you a heel faster than what was just said!

What other devices can you whip out of your hat as a heel? Well a GOOD tactic is to trash talk. Trash talking is by far the greatest weapon a Heel has... and when you trash talk.... not necessarily more is better... or less is more... it's about the CONTENT of the trash talking! I often pick key words which demoralize or belittle my opponents... I attack their self-esteem, abilities in the ring or even piss them off even further by circumventing their own trash talking with a good ol' kick in the back.

Always remember that as a heel... you have a personal agenda and you will do whatever it takes to make it come true... however you accomplish that goal has no boundaries.... you can even trick everyone into thinking you're a nice guy and then at the right opportune moment- WHAM! turn into a douchebag and attack your friendlies.

Playing a heel isn't very hard when you think about it at all. It's just how well you can play it which is the trick. :D Note that, a heel does have it's disadvantages and one of them is the fact that at some point or the other you're plans will be foiled... it's just the natural step of playing a villain. Just think about every single villain you ever seen both in movies or in wrestling-- eventually the "good guys" stop the "bad guys" -- which is a bummer... but it has to happen otherwise without someone to stop you there will be no good guys left to pick on!!

I've played heels for YEARS and every single attempt was foiled... but what's also so cool about heels is that you can rejuvenate them through storylines. There could be a moment where you turned a different leaf and become a good guy for a few months.... but eventually you can switch right back to playing a heel and the process repeats itself!!

And so.. these are just some of my experiences with playing Heels :D try to find ways to really get underneath someone's skin.... and OH a vital trick to playing a heel is to NEVER take things personally.... and you an also avoid problems easily just by communicating with your babyfaces via email or chat! This way you and your face counter parts can plan ahead and make playing a heel that much more enjoyable because the whole point to communication with your players is that everyone benefits from something!
word count: 749