CH.14 Main Thread: The Employer Arc: Act 1

Used for developmental stories and feuds.
Mamud

Re: CH.14, Act I - Remembering the Past.... The Beginning of the Employer Arc

"I'm ... ...basically a guide here, not an Oracle. I don't have all the answers--it's not like I've heard of this Kissm'ass before now." Mamud barks in annoyance.

"Kizmat--zeds, not essess. You know, how you've been saying it before now. " piped in Brandon.

"Regardless, Charon: you're still unstuck from time, thanks to the Gourd and Obed. You're a Guardian now, thanks to me and to Obed and your own strength. You're connected to Kizmat, you can find him--or, better to think of it as you can... ... fall... ... into the current of reality to... bring you to where he is at. Think of yourself as traveling to him. BUT: the Employer's changed the past, which changes the present, and has likely changed him. Don't think of what he's done, or what he's accomplished; don't even think of his specific choices. Think instead of his types of choices, the type of things he'd generally do, think of how he'd learn, think of what he'd pay attention to, and then once you've got a strong feeling for him, feel yourself fall --woah! Brandon, quick, hold on!"

Brandon grabs on to Mamud's outstretched hand, as the world melts. Charon stays sharp in contrast; Obed, Brandon, and Mamud's skin drooped, saggy--but Brandon still felt it tight around his arms. It was more like his bones had gotten longer, thinner, thicker, lighter--nonsensical; he felt like a verb, like a girl, like a cat, like a couch, like

"A pool of blood? You've brought us to a pool of blood in ... a cave. Great." Brandon hears Mamud's voice, full of unimpressed bitch-tone, bringing him back to ... a shocked normalcy, the stench of copper and WRONG filling his nose, coating the back of his throat and causing a gag that feels like it starts in his toes. "Okay, nobody expected you to get this right on the first time and so soon--and don't worry, we're not bound by time so we can LITERALLY take an eternity to get it right. Try again but CONCENTRATE ON"

"KIZMAT!" Charon shouts, staring at the pool. "You've been attacked, you're being manipulated and controlled by someone playing a level deeper than you are. Your victories are only what is allowed to you, and only if they do not interfere with the Employer's desires."

Waves start lapping on the pool of blood's surface; ripples extend from a point in the pool, and a ghastly, beefy, masculine shape rises from the pool. Kizmat's head, set firmly on his shoulders, focuses his gaze directly on Charon.
word count: 456
KIZMAT

Love, Trust, or Sacrifice

Uncheck the mute button to hear the music.

And then, Kizmat's naked body flings out of the pool of blood and flaps violently on the ground like a fish out of water!!! Charon darts to Kizmat and checks on his vitals... she rolls Kizmat on his back and performs CPR... after a series of thrusts into his chest and timed mouth to mouth resuscitation-- Kizmat spat out what felt like a gallon of blood from his lungs....

Brandon took off his lavender cape (don't ask where that came from lol) and placed it on top of Kizmat's naked body...

Charon raised Kizmat's head up and tried to reach him somehow by speaking to him, "Kizmat.... love.... are you with us?! KIZMAT!!!"

Kizmat's eye-lids slowly lifted exposing his cat-like-vampire blood-shot eyes--

"Wh... who... who ARE you?!" - he muttered....

Mamud: His mind is in shambles... distorted.... [Obed just watches intently]

"Then, what can we do for him!?" - replied a concerned Charon

Meanwhile.... back at the Death Gardens in the forbidden forest with the Children of Sin....

Spade went out into the woods to look for firewood for their dinner. Eddie is seen walking toward Serin with his backpack full of canned food-- Serin was looking down at his hands in disbelief over what transpired this day....

Serin: "How... how is this even possible. How did I set the forest on fire.... we... we have... powers? WHAT is happening to us?!"

Eddie did not say a thing to that- but instead takes out a can of beans and peas, along with a can opener. Serin just stares at the offering and looks up at Eddie

Eddie: "I know... this sucks... Once Spade comes back with firewood- we eat. We have to have strength getting out of here... [Serin sighs] HEY! I think we're in some kind of garden... I bet there are berries, fruits, or nut things... I bet much more interesting then beans and peas.

Serin: "I am not hungry...."

Eddie: "C'mon man.... you have to eat SOMETHING.... look. I found this earlier in the garden [pulls out from his backpack what looks to be small bag of nuts of some kind] they're delicious! Here, take it..."

::Serin stares at the nuts::

By that time, Red Spyder and The Dark Sincentius fade from nothingness as they are watching this all unfold...

"Serin needs to eat... if they are to get out of there alive...."

::The Dark Sincentius only grins::
word count: 419
Mamud

Re: CH.14 Main Thread: The Employer Arc

"...someone who knows you well enough to know you won't appreciate having your memory tampered with. I know your past has been changed, and your memory has been changed--I don't know how much. The Kizmat I know would seek power, and not just sate his blood lust. What power does being in this cave give you?" Charon asks, body posture relaxed but ready to fight if needed.

"I... ..." A look of blankness passes over Kizmat's face.

"Do you no longer want power? Have you decided your worth is merely your appetite, your gluttony? You're a bandage now, a Vampiric tampon and nothing more?" Charon presses.

Kizmat's face remains passive, non-reactive.

"You can't reason away the Employer's hold--don't you think I tried this? You have 2 options I can see: have him drink from the gourd, or try to use Wickedness to free him. I have no idea how. But then, I'm not the Guardian," Mamud interjects.

"I'm not drinking anything you give me, unless it's your blood!" Kizmat spits, and with a leap out of the pool barrels towards Charon.

Charon dives out of the way and rolls into a run around a stalagmite, running up a wall while firing nail guns at Kizmat. She concentrates on Kizmat's wicked nature--on his desire to hurt, to control, to dominate, to betray, and she calls forth the monstrous beast she loves from the nerfed creature before her. She remembers his drive for power and his back room dealings; she summons that Wickedness, and hits him with a blast of it.
word count: 274